Our website address is: cryptoapa.com.
- Important information:
This website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
Full name of legal entity: CryptoApa Ltd
Email address: [email protected]
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
- The data we collect about you
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together as follows:
- Identity Data includes first name, maiden name, last name, username or similar identifier, marital status, title, date of birth and gender.
- Contact Data includes billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Financial Data includes bank account and payment card details.
- Transaction Data includes details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us.
- Technical Data includes internet protocol (“IP”) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
- Profile Data includes your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use websites, products and services.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and third parties and your communication preferences.
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health, and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect and store information about criminal convictions and offences.
If you fail to provide personal data
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you, and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with goods or services). In this case, we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
- 4. How is your personal data collected?
We use different methods to collect data from and about you, including through:
- Direct interactions. You may give us your personal data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you:
o applies or register for products or services;
o creates an account on our website;
o subscribes to our service or publications;
o request marketing materials to be sent to you;
o enter a competition, promotion or survey; or
o give us feedback or contact us.
- Automated technologies or interactions. As you interact with our website, we will automatically collect Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this personal data by using cookies, server logs and other similar technologies. We may also receive Technical Data about you if you visit other websites employing our cookies. For more information about the cookies we use, please see ‘Cookies’ below.
- Third parties or publicly available sources. We may receive personal data about you from various third parties as set out below:
o Technical Data from the following parties:
- members of our affiliate network;
- our business partners;
- third party data exchanges;
- analytics providers (e.g. Google, Yandex);
- advertising networks; and
- search information providers.
o Contact, Financial and Transaction Data from providers of technical, payment and delivery services.
o Identity and Contact Data from data brokers or aggregators.
o Identity and Contact Data from publicly available sources such as Companies House and the Electoral Register based inside the EU.
- How we use your personal data
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform a contract, we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal obligation.
Generally, we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data although we will get your consent before sending third party direct marketing communications to you via email or text message. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by contacting us.
Purposes for which we will use your personal data
We have set out below, in a table format, a description of the ways we plan to use your personal data, and which of the legal bases we rely on to do so. We have also identified what our legitimate interests are where appropriate.
Note that we may process your personal data for more than one lawful ground depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data. Please contact us if you need details about the specific legal ground, we are relying on to process your personal data where more than one ground has been set out in the table below.
|Purpose/Activity||Type of data||Lawful basis for processing including basis of legitimate interest|
|To register you as a new user / customer||(a) Identity (b) Contact||(a) Performance of a contract with you (b) Necessary for our legitimate interests (to keep our records updated and to study how customers use our products/services)|
|To process and deliver orders including: (a) Managing payments, fees and charges(b) Collecting and recovering money owed to us||(a) Identity (b) Contact(c) Financial(d) Transaction(e) Marketing and Communications||(a) Performance of a contract with you (b) Necessary for our legitimate interests (to recover amounts due to us)|
|To enable you to complete a survey||(a) Identity (b) Contact(c) Profile(d) Usage(e) Marketing and Communications||(a) Performance of a contract with you (b) Necessary for our legitimate interests (to study how customers use pages/products/services, to understand user preferences, to develop our pages/products/services and grow our business)|
|To administer and protect our business and our website (including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting of data)||(a) Identity (b) Contact(c) Technical||(a) Necessary for our legitimate interests (for running our business, provision of administration and IT services, network security, to prevent fraud and other illegal activity and in the context of a business reorganization or group restructuring exercise) (b) Necessary to comply with our legal obligations|
|To deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and measure or understand the effectiveness of our sites and the advertising we serve to you||(a) Identity (b) Contact(c) Profile(d) Usage(e) Marketing and Communications(f) Technical||Necessary for our legitimate interests (to study how customers use particular pages/products/services, to develop them, to grow our business and to inform our marketing strategy)|
|To use data analytics to map your journey through our sites, to improve our website, products/services, marketing, customer relationships and experiences||(a) Technical (b) Usage||Necessary for our legitimate interests (to define the types of customers visiting our websites, to understand their interactions with our sites, to keep our websites updated and their content relevant, to develop our business and to inform marketing strategies)|
|To understand your preferences and make suggestions and recommendations to you about goods or services that may be of interest to you||(a) Identity (b) Contact(c) Technical(d) Usage(e) Profile(f) Marketing and Communications||Necessary for our legitimate interests (to develop and promote pages / products / services and grow our business)|
|To obtain professional advice or comply with our legal obligations||(a) Identity (b) Contact(c) Financial(d) Transaction(e) Technical(f) Profile(g) Usage(h) Marketing and Communications||(a) Necessary for our legitimate interests (for obtaining professional advice) (b) Necessary to comply with our legal obligations|
We strive to provide you with choices regarding certain personal data uses, particularly around marketing and advertising.
We may use your Identity, Contact, Technical, Usage and Profile Data to form a view on what we think you may want or need, or what may be of interest to you. This is how we decide which products, services and offers may be relevant for you (we call this marketing).
You will receive marketing communications from us and/or certain External Third Parties if you have requested information and you have not opted out of receiving that marketing.
We will get your express “opt-in” consent before we share your personal data with any third party for marketing purposes.
You can ask us or third parties to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you or by contacting us at any time.
For more information on cookies and how to disable them, you can consult the information provided by the Interactive Advertising Bureau at www.allaboutcookies.org.
Change of purpose
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to get an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact us.
If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
- Disclosures of your personal data
We may share your personal data with the parties set out below for the purposes set out in the table above.
- Companies within the CryptoApa Group.
- External Third Parties (defined in the Glossary below).
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
- International transfers
We may transfer your data outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”).
Whenever we transfer your personal data out of the EEA, we ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is implemented:
- We will only transfer your personal data to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data by the European Commission.
- Where we use certain service providers, we may use specific contracts approved by the European Commission which give personal data the same protection it has in Europe.
- Where we use providers based in the US, we may transfer data to them if they are part of the Privacy Shield which requires them to provide similar protection to personal data shared between Europe and the US.
Please contact us if you want further information on the specific mechanism used by us when transferring your personal data out of the EEA.